Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vox AD100VT Valvetronix Amplifier

This is currently my main amp when I play in a group. It's has a low-power tube power amp and models several amps -- including the fames Vox AC15 and AC30TB.  This 100Watt amp is plenty loud for anything I would want to play.  There is an attenuator pot in the back to limit the overall power output and the amp came with a footswitch to select any one of two user-defined settings.  In addition to each user setting, the 2nd footswitch button control enables/disables any of the built-in effects.
This is part of the Valvetronix product line and is driven by two 12-inch speakers visible from the open cabinet.  At some point, I might build a little platform I can use to wheel this Vox around because it it heavy but thanks to the amp handles, it's really not too bad.
The only complaint I have with this Vox is that I wish I could preset more than 2 settings.  I can certainly see at least wanting 4 presets given the variety of songs that I play.  Surf clean, blues, hard rhythm and solos.  It has an effects loop that I seldom use and an output for an extra speaker.  I bought this used in 2012 and I did drive all the way to Murrieta to pick it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment