Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fender Modern Player Marauder

This is the second guitar I ever bought online. I saw a similar guitar but in black at the the Guitar Center in Rancho Cucamonga but they didn't have the Lake Placid Blue color that I was looking for.  Amazon.com to the rescue.  The guitar's main feature that I was interested in was the triple-bucker pickup (bridge) and the interesting combination of sounds I can get out of it.  The neck pickup is effectively a Jazzmaster pickup.
This guitar is made in China and the headstock is relatively simple.  A Fender label.  No model number.  The guitar shipped with a really decent setup. After all, any guitar purchased in the internet has that added burden of being playable off the box -- otherwise, the buyer will have this tendency to just send it back.
This in the only made in China guitar in my collection and it had earned its way to sit alongside my Americans, Japanese and Mexican axes.  The pearloid pickguard and the jazz bass knobs are definitely  nice touches and complement the Lake Placid Blue finish, which by the way is flawless.   Doing some research, the Marauder was initially attached to a Fender from the 60s and I suppose only time will tell if Fender continues this product line.

No comments:

Post a Comment