Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ibanez Talman TC825

Ibanez Talman Model TC825 is the only model w a Bigsby tremolo.  This one was around 1988 and made in Japan.  The silver sparkle finish sold me and it's in pretty good condition when I got it from Craigslist.  I did have to adjust the action quite a bit to drop it to some reasonable string height.  It came with an Ibanez hardshell case.  This was a bit of an unusual Craigslist transaction.  I drove all the way to Studio City to pick it from from the seller, who then proceeded to take my picture with his phone camera just so he can show his dad where the guitar went.  Apparently, him and his dad bought the guitar together as some pawnshop in Atlanta years back.  Whatever.

4 comments:

  1. I've got a TV550 and love it but that TC825 is damn amazing. I'd love to put some GFS Mean 90s in that thing and crank it.
    Congrats on such a killer axe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Talmans were all over during the 80s but I couldn't afford them back then. Very few used Talmans (electric) come up for sale and even fewer TC825s out there.

      Delete
  2. If there is any chance you would want to part with this guitar I would be interested. I bought one just like this new in the 90's. I later had to sell it due to a work injury. I have been looking for another one off and on for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ben i would consider it but i can only do a local sale. i am in LA. if you are here or know someone here, let me know.

    ReplyDelete