Friday, January 18, 2013

Burgundy Mist Stratocaster

This is the first electric guitar I ever got.  Back in 1997, I decided I wanted a Fender Stratocaster and Guitar Center had this beautiful American-made beauty in Burgundy Mist with matching painted headstock.  The paint has a bit of metallic feature as shown in the headstock logo below.  It had the other requirement I wanted, which was a maple neck. Maple necks just age into this really warm, soft, yellow tint after 15 years. This guitar doesn't get played outside the house for it is probably my most priced electric guitar.

As seen above, the finish on the neck is starting to peel from years of use.  I remember having to pay an extra $100 for this nice molded case (below) with a Fender headstock pressed on it.  At the time, this was the best guitar that I could afford and this one will probably get passed on to one of my kids or grandkids at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment