Monday, January 21, 2013

Corboda C5-CE

At some point in the past I played flamenco music for a whole year after seeing Paco de Lucia in concert.   It's a stretch to even think of myself as flamenco player but I gained valuable fingerpicking techniques during that year away from steel strings, electric or acoustic.  I got this Cordoba in 2009 not because I outgrew my other classical guitar but because this one has a built-in pickup and tuner.  Oddly enough, the C5-CE model is considered an entry-level classical guitar.
This Portugese-made guitar does not have a serial number nor a country of origin but when I tried it, I didn't care.  The price was right, the neck was nice and wide and the projection was what I was looking for.  When I plugged it into my acoustic amp, it has a really bright upper end.
I can't even remember the last time I played anything remotely flamenco in style but I do on occasion, play some jazz standards on the Cordoba.  It did come with a nice matching gray soft case.

No comments:

Post a Comment