Sunday, January 27, 2013

60th Anniversary Stratocaster

If there ever is an argument for getting a guitar for it's color, this is it.  This 2006 Fender Strat has a Blizzard Pearl finish as its top selling feature.  The other is that it is a 60th Diamond Anniversary guitar (1946-2006) as evidenced in the neck plate and a little "60" button at the back of the headstock.


This guitar, made in Mexico plays as good as any American Strat I have in my possession but I believe it had a bit of water damage when I got it (used, obviously).  I had to clean out the maple fretboard, which seems to have dried brown stains (coffee?) in some of the wood grain around the fretwire.  The tremolo bridge also has some rusting in it but that's what adds to the character of the guitar, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment