Sunday, January 20, 2013

PRS Tremonti SE

There is a certain hesitation with the guitar buying public regarding internet purchases.  It is based primarily on the fact that an instrument is something one needs to play in person and there are variations even within the same model on craftsmanship, feel, tone, etc.  So when I ordered this PRS Tremonti SE  from Amazon in 2009, there was an element of risk that I wasn't too comfortable with. (I've since bought another guitar from Amazon and am quite happy.)  I've decided since that my fears were unfounded.
The gig bag that came with it is somewhat special -- embroidered with the SE nameplate.  This PRS is very well made and the neck feels even better.  I suppose CNC machining had revolutionized guitar making in the Far East.  The model is named after Mark Tremonti, a favorite guitar player of mine (from Alter Bridge) and I suppose his name was enough to convince me this guitar is worth a try.
I play this PRS mainly for heavier classic rock songs (e.g. Zeppelin, Ozzy) and it's probably the best-feeling neck on any of my electrics.  The bridge is also a very unique design -- somewhat art deco but fully functional in every way.  I'm really curious if I can tell the difference in playing feel between this PRS and a $3000 model.
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany w 22 frets
Neck Width at Nut: 1.7 in
Scale Length: 25 in
Weight: 6.6 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment