Wednesday, May 8, 2013

1993 Fender Precision Bass (Post-Restoration)

Not much to say other than this bass had the good bones that I had originally suspected.  Fully functional and tuned.  About the only thing I wasn't able to fix cosmetically was the broken off pickup housing.  The epoxy I used to put it back together is holding but there is a small crack (see last photo collage, upper left) that show.  The pickup works perfectly.  Also, the tone pot is a bit noisy so if and when I replace that, I might upgrade the pickups as well.  We'll see.





This bass plays just fine.  Not as perfect as one made in Corona, California but it meets my needs.  It had stayed in tune after a day of playing and plugged in, it has enough of the mid-range I'm looking for.  Also, at some point, I might try flat-wound strings but that'll be a while.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Bass! I have the same year MIK model in black. I was shopping for a Mexican Standard, when I found mine. It was less expensive, but the quality is every bit as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree that these MIK basses are just as good as MIM basses. I'm now in the hunt for an MIK jazz bass in the same color :)

    ReplyDelete