Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gibson Midtown Custom

Possibly the nicest guitar I have in the collection.  I like this Gibson Midtown Custom so much, I'm considering parting with my Gretsch 5420T.  Although they are different guitars, the playability on the Gretsch seems really low compared to this perfectly set up Midtown.  Currently out of production, I found this one used on Craigslist last week.  I had all my requirements -- black, Custom with the intricate headstock inlay and binding, used.  The previous owner had installed a Lollar single coil pickup for the neck and a PAF for the bridge.  The combination has a very wide range of tones although the warmth of bridge PAF is probably my favorite setting on this player's instrument.
I will post some more pictures later when I put it down long enough to take photograph it's features -- including some belt buckle rash in the back of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment