Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Marshall C5-01 Amplifier

I was hesitant to trade my vintage Takamine acoustic for this amp because I read all kinds of issues with rattling on some early models.  This one ended up having a 2011 manufacture date so I pulled the trigger on the trade.  Actual model name is C5-01 for this great sounding Class 5 tube amp.  The construction is probably not as ruggedized for most working musicians -- but hey, this is a hobby for me so the fragile looking build is not an issue.
The amp comes standard with a 10-inch Celestion G10F-15 speaker which provides ample volume for most practice environments.  The controls are also fairly simple on this 5W box -- no gain, just volume and 3 tone knobs.  The one good feature that makes this a great bedroom amp is a headphone/low power setting.  Forget any attempt to get a clean sound out of this amp, though.  It is a Marshall, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment